Citylinks.ca Terms & Conditions
By accessing CityLinks you are agreeing to the provisions outlined in this legally binding Terms & Conditions (“TC’s”) agreement set by CityLinks.ca, 957 Bruce Ave., Windsor, ON N9A 4X8. This policy is effective as of January 1, 2015.
SCOPE OF AGREEMENT
The usage of CityLinks.ca is bound by the TC’s set by CityLinks.ca. Failure to comply with any of the stipulated terms in this agreement may result in the suspension or termination of your account, and in some instances legal action if required. User, Business and/or Name are for the purposes of these TC’s hereinafter referred to as User.
OBJECT OF AGREEMENT, RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
- The CityLinks.ca website is an internet platform where users can request a business listing and use CityLinks.ca services and features accordingly. Users are solely held responsible for the content they submit on CityLinks.ca, as well as any consequences that arise from doing so.
- CityLinks.ca is not involved in any transaction, contract and/or arrangement that may occur between and among listed users and third parties. The conclusion of such transactions, contracts and/or arrangements remain the business of the user and the third party.
CIRCLE OF USERS, REGISTRATION, PURPOSE OF ADVERTISEMENT(S)
- The usage of CityLinks.ca’s services is essentially available for everyone. A user registers on CityLinks.ca by filling out the provided online registration form, and by doing so swears that the information provided is accurate and true. The registration process is complete when the listing becomes active. The user is obliged to promptly inform CityLinks.ca of any changes to their account information.
- The user may resign from this agreement at any time. Sending an email to our Support Team via the contact form. CityLinks.ca reserves the right to a grace period of 14 days before terminating the agreement. Blocking an account remains the right of CityLinks.ca.
- An entry on CityLinks.ca, referring to a business listing, can only materialize/be published online via the following two methods:
- CityLinks.ca confirms the entry through an email, or
- CityLinks.ca implements the entry and publishes it online.
- CityLinks.ca reserves the right to refuse a user’s business listing under certain circumstances. This applies when the content of a business listing goes against this agreement, violates laws and local authority regulations, contravenes good intentions, morals and customs, or when CityLinks.ca is used for unsuitable purposes.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ADVERTISING CONTENT AND TRUTHFULLY-SWORN STATEMENTS/INFORMATION
- The user is legally and solely responsible for the content of the business listing(s) placed on the CityLinks.ca website. The user is obliged to provide complete, true and certified correct information about his/her person, contact details and/or business details (if applicable). The user agrees to place their business listing under the correct category within the website. The user is obliged to comply with the CityLinks.ca TC’S and is expected to adhere to these terms when interacting with other CityLinks.ca users. The placement of duplicate/similar listings on the website is prohibited.
- The user is not allowed to post content on the CityLinks.ca website that breaches this agreement, applicable rights and/or third party rights
- Prohibitions for the CityLinks.ca user include:
- Violating the law
- Conducting business in a dishonest and/or deceptive manner
- Violating the rights of the third party
- Spamming, posting chain letters, and placing ads for multi-level marketing (“MLM”) and pyramid schemes
- Using virus(es) and other technical items that may cause damage to CityLinks.ca or the interest of the users of CityLinks.ca
- Causing excessive burden on the CityLinks.ca infrastructure and the smooth running operations of the CityLinks.ca website
- Copying, duplicating, modifying or distributing the content of other listings
- Collecting information from other users such as email addresses from the site itself, or from other users without the approval of the user
- Bypassing measures that serve to limit and/or prevent access to CityLinks.ca
- CityLinks.ca has the right to block, delete or freeze listings that are deemed to contain prohibited content. CityLinks.ca also has the right to warn the user and freeze their account for a certain period of time or permanently and to resign from the agreement/contract. In this process CityLinks.ca gives due respect to the legitimate interest of the user. Users’ claims, e.g. for reimbursement for already paid items/services will not be honored when the Prohibited Content Policy is breached.
- ca users are obliged to release CityLinks.ca from claims or lawsuits arising from other CityLinks.ca users or third parties whose rights or reputation have been damaged due to an advertisement’s content, particularly prohibited content representing the violation of rights and reputation of others.
- ca users are compelled to shoulder the costs/claims arising from lawsuits directed at CityLinks.ca GmbH, including all court and attorney’s fees to a legal extent. Should this be the case, the concerned user is obligated to immediately meet the demands to provide certified true and correct information required for the defense of the interests and the verification of claims as necessary.
- The usage of the CityLinks.ca website is essentially free of charge. However, CityLinks.ca reserves the right to charge fees for special services and site features as well as the publication of online business listings under specific/certain categories on the site.
- All fees shall be reflected and charged in the respective currency for each country. CityLinks.ca reserves the right to charge in other currencies for technical reasons.
- Each and every fee shall be due for immediate payment and shall be paid for/settled using the different methods of payment offered on the website. Costs that may arise from aborting the payment collection shall be shouldered by the user and not CityLinks.ca.
- Your monthly subscription will start when CityLinks.ca confirms your payment and will continue for a minimum of 12 months.
- To cancel your monthly payments at the end of the first year, you must notify us in writing, email or by phone 30 days prior to your renewal date.
- The user shall be informed about each payment through email directly from PayPal.
- CityLinks.ca ensures the protection of the user by sending these emails only to the registered email address on CityLinks.ca.
- In the event of delayed payments for services, CityLinks.ca reserves the right to suspend the execution of the said service(s) and restrict the access of the user until the amount due has been paid.
- CityLinks.ca reserves the right to temporarily change/modify the fees for services, promotions, implementation of new functionalities on the website or other marketing offers as deemed necessary.
CHARGEABLE BUSINESS LISTINGS WITH ADDITIONAL OPTIONS/FEATURES
- CityLinks.ca users may book additional features to their business listings according to their desired time frame. Should the user choose to delete the listing(s) before the booked time frame has elapsed, this revokes the right of the user to retain or reuse the rest of the “unused” booked time.
- CityLinks.ca does not return the costs for the discontinued use of the features/services.
PUBLICATION OF BUSINESS LISTING(S) ON RELATED INTERNET PLATFORMS OWNED BY CITYLINKS.CA
- CityLinks.ca reserves the right to republish advertisement(s) on CityLinks.ca and on other websites owned by CityLinks.ca.
MODIFICATION OF BUSINESS LISTING CONTENT
- The CityLinks.ca user may at any time modify or delete their business listing.
- The CityLinks.ca user has the right to demand the removal or deletion of the user’s own ads from the website. CityLinks.ca shall be ready to comply with this request immediately. However due to technical reasons, this usually takes a period of up to 3-4 Business Days.
- You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the content on CityLinks.ca comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications, or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered.
- We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchant ability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute.
- We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of CityLinks.ca, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
- Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, or (b) 100 Canadian Dollars.
- The transfer of rights and obligations of CityLinks.ca users to third parties require the approval of CityLinks.ca.
- The disclosure of login details and passwords to third parties, including other CityLinks.ca users is prohibited.
- If the customer/user is a merchant or a legal entity of public law or constitutes special funding under public law, the place of jurisdiction is agreed upon to be in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.